Wednesday, June 02, 2010

 

ALL ALONE - YET AGAIN

I won't even go into all the whys and wherefores of yesterday's action against the "Freedom Flotilla". The internet and the newspapers are filled with explanations and conjecture. Whether or not we were right or wrong - whether we botched the job or we were set up - here is why my soul is screaming.

I know - I know - I sound like a broken record. But I begged everyone I know not to vote for Obama. And how does he come into this equation? Because he is not our friend. Because he does not value us. Because he will bow down to the Saudi King - extend his hand in "friendship" to Iran - embarrass our Prime Minister when he came to the States - make very clear that he thinks we are always wrong, wrong, wrong - and has, in the process, implicitly given the world permission to delegitimatize us.

We are sitting in our tiny, miniscule country - we can drive from one end to the other in a matter of hours - we are surrounded by countries which would like to see our demise - and we are feeling very alone.

I cannot imagine what has happened to the American Jews. Has everyone forgotton so quickly? I cannot understand what caused the majority of American Jewery to vote for Obama in the first place - a man who - it was very clear - is not a friend of whites or Jews. Too strong a statement? I don't think so.

We are in a very vulnerable position - both physically and emotionally. Iran has made it very clear that its avowed purpose is to wipe us off the face of the earth. There are many of us who think we are on the brink of a war. We can no longer count on our former friends and allies - the Americans - to come to our aid.

I cannot - I will not - believe that Israel will ever cease to exist. We are not warmongers. We want to live in peace. Why will the world not let us?



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?