Friday, June 29, 2007

 

THERE IS NO JUSTICE

I am beyond anger. I am completely disgusted. And I know that justice has not been served.

I had the great luck to have to leave my house very early this morning so that I only had time to take in my newspapers but not the time to read them. Because when I arrived home this afternoon and finally had time to look at the papers the rest of my day was ruined.

Our former President - Moshe Katsav - read his name and weep - was allowed to plea bargain. He admitted to "indecent assault" - and "resigned" .

And our "esteemed" Attorney General - Meni Mazuz - facilitated this travesty of justice.

What has happened to us as a nation? Where is our sense of values? Where is our sense of justice? I won't go into all the whys and wherefores of the case against Mr. Katsav - you have all read them ad nauseum.

Why was Ofer Glazer ( the husband of Shari Arison) sent to prison for much the same charges? Why was Haim Ramon indicted for sexual harrassment - not rape? What about Yitzhak Mordechai?

And why was Moshe Katzav - who will plead guilty for "forcible assault" - a crime which carries a maximum penalty of seven years in prison - allowed to have the prosecution seek only a suspended sentence plus payment of compensation????

We should be ashamed of ourselves. No - on second thought - I am not ashamed of myself - I am ashamed of my government.

Following is a quote from the front page of today's HAARETZ: "The most astounding part of Attorney General Menachem Mazuz's press conference yesterday was his statement that the prosecution had enough evidence to justify indicting President Moshe Katsav on two counts of rape - a serious crime bearing a maximum sentence of 16 years in prison. If so, the plea bargain that Mazuz signed appears extremely unreasonable."

Unreasonable? It is downright idiotic. There is great outrage in the country and calls for Mazuz to resign. I concur. It was said that going ahead with Mr. Katsav's trial would lead to great division in the country and the lowering of respect for us in the eyes of the world. Hogwash. ##@&*^^@!!!

When I go abroad I am always careful to defend Israel's actions. How can I possibly defend this utter and total miscarriage of justice?

To the women who stood up to Mr. Katsav and had the courage to accuse him of unspeakable acts - I apologize to you on behalf of an Attorney General who is completely lacking in courage and common decency.

But wait - we are in for more fun and games. We will soon be served by a President - Shimon Peres - who, by his own admission, knew about Mr. Katsav's sexual proclivities and chose to remain silent.

There is something wrong with this picture.

Yalla, Bye.



Comments:
P5CFq9 The best blog you have!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?