Thursday, May 31, 2007

 

WHOOOPPPEEEE!!!

For those of you who read this blog regularly and have not yet guessed that I am a real, dyed-in-the-wool, fanatic foodie - well, you just aren't reading carefully.

At this minute - as I am falling off my feet with exhaustion from having spent the last two days in my kitchen preparing a Shabbat dinner in honor of my friends Pearl and Stewart who are visiting from London - even as I am writing I am watching coming attractions on the television.

Coming attractions? Am I crazy you might well ask? No! I am not! I just received a phone call from Marallyn - who tells me that on YES cable channel 27 - which I now get having switched from HOT - there will appear on our screens - from June 11th - an Israeli version of the American FOODTV Network.

While this will mean nothing to my foreign readers - to my fellow Israeli food-freaks this is really something big.

Were you to ask me what I miss most about not living in New York I would answer immediately - The New York Times - Chinatown - the ability to buy almost anything in the world without having to make expeditions to far-flung places - my New York friends - my brother living an hour away by plane - and the FOODTV Network....in no particular order.

Incidentally - this whole preparation thing for tomorrow is not only for Pearl and Stewart. Our friend Joe is arriving in Jerusalem tomorrow - how could I be happy knowing someone is here on his own and has no place to spend Shabbat - and I've also invited Stewart's cousins Samuel and Judith and two of their (grown-up) kids and Ouri and Devora - who also know Pearl and Stewart. Besides my philosophy is - if you're going to cook for three you might as well cook for ten. So I'm really knocking myself out to do something special for them.

Right now, however, I've got to get some sleep. But I just had to give a heads-up to all of my Israeli friends - if you have YES - great. If you have HOT - switch!!

By the way - there is really something to be said for "bashert" (something which is meant to be). I swtiched from HOT to YES a few months ago because HOT threatened to remove BBC Prime from it's line-up. But with this new channel I would have had to switch anyway. Maybe this is an omen - where is my bashert? I'm waiting.

Yalla. Bye.

Comments:
Hello again. My name is Leah and I live in Tacoma, WA. In the USA. I keep finding myself clicking on chick chat to see of you ahve posted anything new! And I see you have. I admire you for all your cooking. I wish I could be a guest of yours. You even make me feel special and I am on the other side of the world. I'm thinking about starting my own blog. But for now I'll stick with yours. Take Care.

Leah
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?