Thursday, January 25, 2007

 

SHAME ON YOU, MR. PERES

I am not prone to writing to the "Letters to the Editors" columns of our newspapers. I get things off my chest by writing my blogs - or having long discussions with my friends.

However - this morning I wrote to the Editor of The Jerusalem Post. I won't go into the why's and wherefore's of President Moshe Katsav's speech on television last night - his perorations against the media, the police, Attorney General Meni Mazuz
- and anyone else whose "fault it is" for putting him into the position in which he currently finds himself.

He may be guilty of the allegations against him - he may not be. That's not the point of my letter to the Editor.

On page 2 of this morning's Jerusalem Post is an article headed: "PERES SAYS HE COULD HAVE EXPOSED KATSAV IN 2000". Following is the text of the letter I just sent to the paper:

Sir:

I was appalled upon reading on page 2 of today's Jerusalem Post (January 25, 2007) that Shimon Peres knew about the allegations of Moshe Katsav's sexual harrassment and could have exposed him - and chose not to do so.

That action of concealment was totally and completely irresponsible on the part of Mr. Peres.

He could have prevented much pain and suffering to the women involved - not to mentioned the damage now being done to our country.

He is almost as culpable as President Katsav - more so perhaps. Why did he choose to remain silent? That is the question.

Shame on you, Mr. Peres.



I hope you all are as appalled as I am at the actions - or inaction - of one of our Elder Statesmen.

Stay Safe.

Rena




Comments:
amen girlfriend...you tell him...we better do something quick before YOU KNOW WHO decides to send fire and hail and brimstone and floods and stuff by day and who knows what by night...sigh...another day in downtown jerusalem...great post
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?